The Teaching Staff
Taking into consideration the ongoing change of the student population, we find it essential for the teaching staff to undergo regular in-service training in order to be able to cope with the new challenges in the most efficient way.
For this reason teachers, throughout the years, have been actively involved both as participants as well as facilitators in various seminars such as:
- CoE Pestalozzi’s “Education for the Prevention of Discrimination” and “Evaluation of Intercultural Competence”
- University of Piraeus, Department of International and European Studies. Training Program “Bringing Europe to School Teachers (BEST)”
- IAIE and HAIE’s “Sociocultural Diversities and Human Rights: The role of Intercultural Education. Practical seminar addressed to the needs of Teachers and Adult Trainers”.
- 15th Biennial Conference of European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction on Responsible Teaching and Sustainable Learning
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki “The role of the School Principle in developing a Multicultural School and motivating the teachers”
- Center of Intercultural Education, Faculty of Philosophy, Pedagogy and Psychology, National and KapodistrianUniversity of Athens, “School and Social Integration of Repatriates and Foreign Students”.
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, “Intercultural Strategies for the management of Diversity in a Multicultural School”
In addition, due to the diverse language background of our students, we, teachers, in our effort to enhance communication with them have been taking up lessons in different languages such as Arabic, Russian, Spanish, French, Italian, German.